Heroin Wings Recipe
Why heroin? Because they're just that addictive. A great substitute if you're craving a crunchy, "breaded" taste.
4 pounds chicken wings or chicken drumsticks (I prefer drumsticks)
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons dried parsley
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons paprika
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the parmesan cheese and the parsley, oregano, paprika and pepper in a bowl.
4. Line a shallow baking pan/tray with foil. (Very important step unless you feel like scrubbing welded-on chicken skin off your pan for days.)
5. Melt the butter in a shallow bowl. If using a microwave, 2:00 minutes on 60% power does the trick.
6. Dip each chicken piece in the melted butter, then roll in the cheese and
seasoning mixture, and place on the foil-covered pan. If you have extra cheese mixture leftover, sprinkle on top of the chicken pieces.
7. Bake for 1 hour.
This recipe appears in Dana Carpender's 500 Low Carb Recipes, on the CarbWire website, and in the recipe forum at Active Low-Carber Forums, and in the Eades Comfort Foods Cookbook (as "Angel Wings").